Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
The Bar Method Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94709
[email protected] 510-705-1534
About the studio
The Bar Method Berkeley is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Berkeley studio is located in the North Shattuck neighborhood and has proudly operated since May 2013.
We offer classes 7 days a week with classes throughout the day. Our virtual classes on Zoom provide maximum flexility. Metered and neighborhood street parking is readily available near the studio.
- Traveling Program
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Helen Liu discovered The Bar Method in 2009. What she appreciates most is its unique ability to inspire strength and persistence of both body and mind. Four years later, Helen left her career as a litigator to open this studio and has loved every day since, empowering clients to stretch their limits and celebrate each breakthrough. The studio is much more than just a place to work out; it’s a supportive community, a second home. Outside of the studio, Helen enjoys exploring the Bay Area’s beautiful vistas with her husband Hillel, their two young children, and dog Lucy, whom you'll see at the studio regularly. Helen is also proud to be an ambassador for lululemon.
No Bar Method Locations In Your Area?Learn more about the opportunity to own your own Bar Method studio.
Get to know us betterGet technique tips, success stories, inspiration and more.
- We welcome clients to walk in, but class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- You may make a class reservation starting 7 days before class and up to 15 minutes before class begins.
- Reservations will be honored until the start of class. If you do not arrive by that time, your reservation may be given away to someone who is waiting.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, add yourself to the waitlist.
- We recommend that you opt-in to receive notifications by text and email. If you do, you will receive both a text and an email as soon as you have been added from the waitlist. If you have chosen not to receive automated notifications, please log into your account to check your status on the waitlist.
- As soon as you are added to class from the waitlist, we will be holding the space for you. If you cannot attend, please cancel your reservation.
- You may be added to class until the late cancelation period begins, after which open spots are available first come, first served.
CANCELLATIONS & ABSENCES
Please cancel your reservation at least:
- 12 hours before a weekend morning class, and
- 1 hour before all other classes.
If you cancel closer to the class than the time frames above, or are absent, you may be charged a fee. Clients with unlimited packages will be charged a $15 fee. Clients with class packages will lose 1 class from that package.
Remember: if you are on the waitlist, it is your responsibility to monitor your status on the waitlist, as you may have been added to class. Please ignore the status in the online scheduler that says “unconfirmed;” we are holding a reserved space for you in class, and if you cannot attend you must cancel your reservation as stated above.
First time students, please arrive 15 minutes early for a tour of the studio and to get settled in, as new students may not enter once class has begun.
Masks / Face Coverings are optional with proof of Covid booster. Otherwise they are required, and we recommend high-quality respirators, such as an N95.
Please wear exercise pants that are at least knee length, a top, and socks that cover your entire foot.
- Cell phones and chewing gum are not permitted in the exercise studios during class.
- Water is permitted in the studio in a capped container.
- Masks that cover your face and nose are required at all times while on the premises. However, masks are optional with proof of Covid booster.
- Pregnant clients are advised to consult with their doctor first to ensure they are cleared to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Please inform your teacher you are pregnant before class.
- We recommend pregnant clients contact the studio to schedule a free brief consultation with a Bar Method instructor to discuss modifications which will to allow the exercises to be performed comfortably and safely throughout pregnancy.
- The minimum age requirement is 13 years old.
- Clients between the ages of 13-18 must be escorted in by a legal guardian to sign paperwork before their first class.
Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
Club Bar members may freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 60 days. A fee of $25 is required each time you freeze your membership.
- Class packages and drop-in class purchases expire 12 months after purchase.
- Club Bar Unlimited and Club Bar 5 are valid for 1 month at a time.
All sales are final. We do not permit returns, exchanges, transfers, or extensions.