Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
30 Day Unlimited Barre Classes for $79
Experience a workout shaped by science and proven with results. For a limited time only, our 30-day trial is just $79 for unlimited classes and includes a fitness plan that’s designed to accelerate your results.
About the studio
The Bar Method Chicago - Gold Coast is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Gold Coast is a warm, welcoming barre fitness community that caters to people of all fitness levels, ages and abilities - no experience necessary. We offer a variety of barre classes every day led by our expert instructors. This truly sets us apart from other boutique fitness studios in the Gold Coast community. Find us on Floor 2 of the 1 E. Delaware building on State and Delaware.
- Beauty Bar
- Discounted Parking
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 4
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Emily discovered Bar Method while still working in the corporate world. After trying several barre studios in Chicago, a co-worker recommended trying The Bar Method and she instantly found her community. She became so inspired by the technique, focus on form and the physical and mental clarity she gained that she decided to become a Bar Method instructor.
Each student comes to class with different goals and intentions. Many attend class for the physical and mental benefits that build confidence. Others come for the social outlet and warm community. Whatever your reasons are, Emily and her team are here to guide you through your journey.
- Reservations are required. Book your class online or The Bar Method app in order to hold your spot in class. Class sizes are limited to 18 students or less until further notice. You can hold a spot up to 15 minutes prior in the app or you can call the studio.
- Clients must accept the online waiver in the Bar Method app or by logging in to the Bar Method Gold Coast website before arriving to the studio.
- Classes fill up, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. If you move into the class off the waitlist, you are in the class and all late cancel/no show policies apply. If you can no longer attend the class, remove yourself from the waitlist. If you are already registered for a class, you will not move off the waitlist into another class.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio. Classes before 8am must be cancelled 9 hours in advance. All other class times must be cancelled 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will be charged $10 for a late cancel and $20 for a no show.
- NO LATE ARRIVALS. Please arrive up to 10 minutes prior.
- First time students must agree to the online waiver before arriving for class. Entry into the studio is permitted 15 minutes prior to start of class.
- Students must wear socks that cover the entire foot before entering the studio. Toe-less socks are not permitted.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed. Only water is allowed in the studio to protect the carpet and equipment.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be courtesy and respectful of fellow students, your instructor and the staff.
- Pregnant clients are welcome. Please see your instructor to let them know you are expecting and review any modifications.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients aged 13 – 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you are coughing, feverish, showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you may have come in contact with someone who is infected, please stay home until you are symptom free for 14 days.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Please discuss any injuries or physical limitations with your instructor before class and they may give you modifications for certain exercises.
Located in the Chicago Gold Coast at the southeast corner of State & Delaware on Floor 2 of the 1 E. Delaware Place tower, 2 floors direclty above the Starbucks.
- We offer 4 hours of parking for $6 in the Public Parking garage (enter on the north side of Chestnut). Take a parking ticket when you arrive and purchase your sticker inside the studio. We will give you a voucher to use when you exit.
- Street parking is free before 8am. All other times are $4 per hour.
We are a short walk to the Magnificent Mile shopping district, Northwestern and Loyola Universities.
The Red Line is two blocks south at Chicago Ave & State Street.
The 36 bus line stops right in front of the building on State Street.
The 22 bus line on Clark stops 2 blocks west of the studio.
The 151 bus line on Michigan Ave stops 2 blocks east of the studio.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and services are final.