Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
30 Day Unlimited Barre Classes for $79
Experience a workout shaped by science and proven with results. For a limited time only, our 30-day trial is just $79 for unlimited classes and includes a fitness plan that’s designed to accelerate your results.
About the studio
The Bar Method Darien is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Darien is located on the corner of the Post Road and Sedgwick Ave, right across the street from Starbucks. We feature one studio room, a luxurious locker room fully equipped with showers and amenities, and a spacious lounge area with complimentary coffee and tea. We are open seven days a week. Free parking is available in the lot behind the studio off Sedgwick Ave.
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Anna Trepanier enjoyed a film and TV career in NYC before falling head over heels in love with The Bar Method in 2011. She was an instructor for five years, with dreams of someday opening a Bar Method studio of her own. In 2016 her dream came true when she opened The Bar Method Darien with her best friend and business partner, Lara. Anna loves to help students meet strength goals they thought were unattainable while finding their inner grace, both inside and outside the classroom. Anna lives in Stamford with her husband and daughter.
Lara Meehan discovered The Bar Method in NYC in 2011 while preparing for her upcoming wedding and beginning her career as an ICU nurse. The solace and strength she found at The Bar Method evolved into a passion for teaching, and she eventually opened her own studio in September 2016 with her best friend and business partner, Anna. Lara loves taking new students through their first Bar Method classes, demystifying the changes in their bodies, and helping them find the mental toughness they never knew they had. Lara lives in NYC with her husband, Brian, and long-haired dachshund, Charlie.
No Bar Method Locations In Your Area?Learn more about the opportunity to own your own Bar Method studio.
Get to know us betterGet technique tips, success stories, inspiration and more.
- Please reserve all classes online or through The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Once you do, you are considered in the class and are responsible to cancel if you can’t make it.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Please arrive to the studio no more than 10 minutes before the start of class. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation may be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation 2 hours in advance to avoid a penalty.
- If you are using a class package, a cancellation or no-show after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class.
- If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10 for a late cancel and $20 for a no-show.
- We cannot allow entry to class after 10 minutes – no exceptions.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees or compression/bike shorts and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studio. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring your cell phone into the classroom.
- Please remove your shoes before entering our lobby and either store your shoes in the vestibule or your locker/cubby.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- We encourage pregnant clients plan to meet with an instructor to go over modifications throughout their pregnancy.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a fever, have symptoms of Covid-19, or have been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships once per year for 15-60 days. A fee of $50 is required for each additional freeze per membership year.
- Class packages expire 1 year from date of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, all retail sales are final.