Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About Our Northfield Barre Studio
The Bar Method Northfield is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the barre exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Voted Best Workout for all Barre Studios! The Bar Method Northfield is located in the heart of The North Shore. Whether you are an experienced barre star or brand new to barre workouts, we look forward to welcoming you to our barre classes!
- Free Parking
About the owner
Catherine James introduced barre fitness to Chicago (from San Francisco) in 2008 and has been transforming bodies and minds ever since. Within her role at Bar Method, she has trained hundreds of barre teachers across the United States, and at the five barre studios in Chicago that she has owned. She is most connected with the method when teaching others, something she’s been doing every day since 2002. She is thrilled to open a new barre studio in her home community where she is raising her son. A native of university town Oxford, Ohio, Catherine earned her B.S. from Vanderbilt University and M.S.W. from Tulane University.
- We highly recommend reserving classes on The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class on The Bar Method app to avoid being charged for a no-show. Classes require cancellation 8 hours in advance to avoid a penalty.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $32.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Plenty of free parking in the parking lot and side streets.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.