30 Days Of Unlimited Barre Classes For $79
The Bar Method Oakland - Lakeshore
Oakland, CA 94610
[email protected] 510-444-2276
30 Day Unlimited Barre Classes for $79
Experience a workout shaped by science and proven with results. For a limited time only, our 30-day trial is just $79 for unlimited classes and includes a fitness plan that’s designed to accelerate your results.
About the studio
The Bar Method Oakland - Lakeshore is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Oakland was opened in May 2013 by studio owners Audrey Mao and Chelsea Glavinovich McClure after the success of their Walnut Creek location. The studio offers two spacious workout rooms, childcare, and a large locker room. Members of the Oakland location are also invited to take class for no additional charge in Walnut Creek. We look forward to joining you in your transformation!
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Audrey discovered The Bar Method in 2004 while living in San Francisco and immediately knew this was a special offering that people would love. After meeting Chelsea, the two decided to partner up and open a location in the East Bay. After years of growing their team and meeting countless clients, Audrey has found that the most rewarding thing about The Bar Method has been to encompass not just an incredible workout that allows people to feel empowered, but also a strong community where staff and clients feel truly at home and have found friendships that will last a lifetime.
Chelsea Glavinovich McClure discovered The Bar Method in 2003 while trying a competitor's classes. A self proclaimed fitness junkie who "tried it all," she was immediately blown away by the quality of instruction and effectiveness of the workout. Studio ownership has allowed Chelsea to marry her passion for details and boundless energy with her love of fitness, while meeting hundreds of incredible people along the way.
No Bar Method Locations In Your Area?Learn more about the opportunity to own your own Bar Method studio.
Get to know us betterGet technique tips, success stories, inspiration and more.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Mothers who bring children under age 9 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, or in person, up to 1 day in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- Childcare costs $8 per child ($6 if you are a Club Bar Member) and is available Monday through Friday. See our schedule for more information on which classes it’s available.
- We love your furry friends, but we do not have any outdoor space for them to play, so they are not allowed in the studio.
Free parking is available in the Trader Joe’s parking lot behind the studio. Street parking (for an additional charge) is also available.
Club Bar Unlimited members are allowed to freeze their memberships free of charge, twice per year for up to 45 days. Additional freezes are allowed at a $25 charge each.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.