Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
Recipe: Buddha Bowls
To eat simple and fuel your body in the New Year, you simply must try a Buddha Bowl! “Buddha Bowls” are also called Power Bowls or Glory Bowls…and there are probably other fancy names we haven’t seen. This blog post by Michaela Bentley from Live Well Live Green explains the “formula” for creating them. The fun thing is that you can get super creative or just work with what you’ve got in your fridge.
Here are some suggestions:
- Greens – spinach, arugula, kale, spring greens
- Starches – quinoa, barley, brown rice, sweet potatoes
- Veggies – broccoli, brussels sprouts, bell peppers, beets
- Protein – beans, lentils, tofu
- Toppings – avocado, nuts, seeds, chili peppers
- Dressing – hummus, oil & vinegar, peanut dressing
To get even more ideas and inspiration, check out the full post from Live Well Live Green. And, let us know what you recommend for your best Buddha bowl combo!
Recipe recommended by:
Gennis Lafayette, N.C.
Certified Holistic Nutrition Consultant
Bar Method Teacher, Palo Alto & San Mateo